I love my followers! Join us, and I will follow back! Making new friends is so much fun!

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Gazpacho With a Texas Accent

Stonegable is one of my favorite blogs!  Yvonne always has beautiful photographs, and delicious recipes.  Miss Yvonne has the prettiest blog in blog-land!  (Thanks, Pee-Wee)  She recently posted a recipe for Gazpacho using fresh garden ingredients.  My sweet hubby LOVES the stuff!  Our 52nd anniversary was Monday, so he took me out for a lovely meal at a local fresh seafood restaurant.  I thought I would surprise him by making Gazpacho today.  I adapted Yvonne's recipe to our Texas taste, and it turned out great!  Next time I make it, I will add some cold seasoned shrimp to it as well.  It was very, very good!

Ingredients:
2 1/2 C V8 juice
1 C fresh tomatoes, finely chopped
1/2 C celery, finely chopped
1/2 C cucumber, finely chopped
3/4 C red, green and yellow peppers, finely chopped
1/2 C sweet onion, finely chopped
3 TBS white wine vinegar
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 TBS olive oil
3-4 drops of Tabasco sauce, or to taste
2 cloves garlic, finely minced
3-4 TBS fresh cilantro, finely chopped
Juice of 1 1/2 lime
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste

Lime Wedges for garnish
1 avocado, diced for garnish
Sour cream for garnish

Instructions:
Prepare ingredients and place in bowl with V8 juice.  Put soup in refrigerator for an hour or so to chill and allow flavors to meld.  Place in bowls to serve, and top with sour cream and diced avocado.  If desired, add cold, seasoned boiled shrimp. Serve lime wedges on the side.

Sharing on:
Mix it up Monday
On the Menu Monday
Make it Pretty Monday
Tuesday At The Table



11 comments:

  1. That looks so good,, Patsy! I agree- Yvonne has one of the best blogs! I just love her pictures and her recipes...and HER! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Gazpacho and love the addition of avocado!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you put a Texas twist on this recipe! Of course, I love Yvonne's blog. I think everyone in Blogland admires her and everything she does.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Belated Anniversary! And gazpacho looks fantastic and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your gazpacho looks so delish! I am your newest follower. Stop by for a visit when you have a chance.

    Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary! You and your husband must be happily married and still in love! This is my 42 year of marriage! The use of a Texas twist on gazpacho is a great one and it helps with the Texas heat, I reside in Texas, too. The Stone Gable blog is a wonderful place to get ideas.

    Thanks, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby, that is wonderful!!
    I just pinned your awesome recipe. Hope you are having a great week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  8. gazpacho is always a good idea.. well, as long as tomatoes are fresh and in season. and they are right now!! i haven't had nearly enough this season: so on this :)

    thank you for taking the time to link up with us at the Wednesday Fresh Foods Blog Hop! We hope to see you again this Wednesday with more fantastic seasonal & real food posts :) xo, kristy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gazpacho is a real favorite in our house, and when we add a bit of Maine lobster it becomes a really favorite thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! never thought of adding lobster! Great idea!

      Delete