I love my followers! Join us, and I will follow back! Making new friends is so much fun!

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Lemon Cream Cheese Bars

These are quick and simple, but very tasty!  I love lemony sweets!  This recipe is from Betty Crocker.

Ingredients:
  • 1 box lemon cake mix
  • 1/3 cup butter or margarine - softened
  • 1 egg
  • 8 ounces cream cheese - softened
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 1/2 lemon - grated
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice or 1/2 fresh squeezed lemon
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla

  • Instructions:
    • In a mixing bowl, blend dry cake mix, butter, and 1 egg.
    • Press into a 9 x 13 pan, ungreased.
    • Beat the cream cheese until smooth.
    • Gradually blend in the powdered sugar.
    • Stir in lemon peel and lemon juice until smooth.
    • Reserve 1/2 cup of this mixture and refrigerate it for later use.
    • Beat the remaining 2 eggs, add the vanilla, and then beat this mixture into the remaining cream cheese mixture until well blended.
    • Spread over the cake mixture.
    • Bake at 350° until set, approximately 25 to 30 minutes.
    • Cool completely.
    • Spread the reserved cream cheese mixture onto the bars.
    • Refrigerate until firm; then cut into squares and serve.

3 comments:

  1. I just love lemon desserts. Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my blog! Happy New Year~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lemon bars look delish...yumm yumm yumm!!Love the citrusy flavors do much:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do too, Sudha...I love lemon desserts!

    ReplyDelete