I love my followers! Join us, and I will follow back! Making new friends is so much fun!

Monday, January 16, 2012

Elvis' Hunk-a Hunk-a Fried Banana Peanut Butter Sandwich

Since I have had a septiman horribilis...a week so bad it has to be described in Latin, I thought I would start this one with something fun.  For some reason, this crazy sandwich popped into my head.  We used to live in Memphis, where Elvis was indeed The King.  When he was home, he was constantly doing random acts of kindness for people he didn't know.  After his death, the recipe for one of his favorite foods was published in the local newspaper.  His mother, and his beloved cook, Mrs. Langston used to make these for him.  There is also a version with bacon...but we won't go into that!  Here it is...thank ya, thank ya very much!

Ingredients:
2 large ripe bananas, mashed
1 stick of butter
1 C smooth peanut butter
6 slices white bread, lightly toasted

Instructions:
Peel and mash bananas, then mix thoroughly with peanut butter.  Spread evenly on lightly toasted bread.  Melt butter in skillet, and lightly brown sandwiches on both sides.
Sharing with Tea Party Tuesday

4 comments:

  1. Why was your week so bad, my friend? I loved this post, though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would think physicians and nurses would understand a traumatic frontal lobe injury...but, alas, they don't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - a stick of butter! This is my kind of sandwich! You have a lot of great recipes on your blog. Glad I found you at Sweetology - Tea Party Tuesday. Happy to be your newest follower - hope your week gets better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan...and welcome to my blog. Please come back again!

      Delete