I love my followers! Join us, and I will follow back! Making new friends is so much fun!

Friday, December 9, 2011

Old Fashioned Tea Cakes


This is another very old family recipe.  My grandmother used to make Tea Cakes for me when I was a little girl.  My  littlecousin (Gwen is her real name) rescued the family recipe by getting it from her Aunt Sarah...my grandmother's niece.  Just another wonderful thing about being a Southern girl...food and family are always an important part of your life!

Ingredients:
1 stick butter                           1 C. sugar (minus 2 TBS)
1 egg                                       ½ tsp. vanilla
Self-rising flour                      ¼ C whole milk

Instructions:
Cream together butter and sugar; add egg, milk and vanilla, mix.  Add self-rising flour to make dough like biscuits.  Knead and make rolls of dough in wax paper.  Let stand in refrigerator.  When cold, cut in rounds and place on cookie sheet. Cook at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.  Enjoy with you favorite cup of tea!
._______________________________________________________________________

1 comment:

  1. These sound so easy to make! And perfect with tea as the name suggests.Thanks for sharing the recipe,Patsy!I'm going to make a whole lot of these and will serve them with hot tea to friends coming in tomorrow evening:)Lucky them!

    ReplyDelete