I love my followers! Join us, and I will follow back! Making new friends is so much fun!

Saturday, December 3, 2011

My Version of Sliders

We grew up in Georgia, and enjoyed going to a popular chain for burgers.  Small, thin beef patties, topped with minced onion, mustard and a dill pickle slice, on a squared bun.  We now live in the Dallas area, and, alas, we cannot get these tasty burgers here.  My guys were craving some, so I decided to try to make them at home.  They received rave reviews...from me as well!

Ingredients:
1# ground chuck
¾ - 1 C onion, very finely minced
Salt and pepper to taste
Mustard
Hamburger Dill slices
Catsup, if desired
Small, soft, white dinner rolls
(Not round ones, but more square shaped on bottom)

Instructions:
Place beef on non-stick aluminum foil, shape into a rectangle; place another piece of foil over meat.  Roll out with rolling pin to about 1/8"- 1/4" thickness.  Salt and pepper to taste.  Cut beef in squares just a bit larger than the rolls.  Place meat on heated cast iron stovetop griddle, keeping patties close together.  Cook for about a minute to color bottom of meat, then flip over and spread with the finely minced onion, like you are frosting them.  Loosely cover with foil so meat and onions will cook uniformly.  When onions are translucent, place roll bottom on top of meat, then stack on the roll top.  Cover loosely with foil until rolls are steamed and hot.  Remove from griddle and assemble.  Add mustard and one dill slice.  With these burgers, catsup and cheese is optional. 

3 comments:

  1. Rave reviews are the best of the best reviews Patsy. I would have raved too if you served me these delicious sliders for dinner.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Sam...I enjoyed them myself!

    ReplyDelete