I love my followers! Join us, and I will follow back! Making new friends is so much fun!

Monday, November 28, 2011

Goodbye Thanksgiving, Hello Christmas!



The Fall decorations are put away, all the leftovers eaten, so now it's time to get ready for Christmas! Today was my 69th birthday, and it was a good one. Slept late this morning, then my husband and middle son took me out for a great meal. Our son Michael has lived with us since 2007. He had a frontal lobe aneurysm, and is disabled.


I spent a lot of the day talking with dear friends and family on the phone, and "chatting" on fb. I enjoyed some long telephone conversations with my college aged grandchildren...and my three year old great-grandson called and sang "Happy Birthday"! Now, that was quite a treat!


Bobby, my sweet husband of 51 years, decorated out Christmas tree yesterday. I somehow found the time today to do the rest of the house! I even pulled out the everyday kitchen Christmas dishes! The outdoor lights will go up this week...then on to the shopping, baking, cooking, wrapping...and all the fun things we do this time of year.


May I be one of the first to wish you a Merry Christmas! Even if it is not a part of your religion, I wish you all the joy and happiness this Holiday brings to me!

3 comments:

  1. Belated Happy Birthday to you,Patsy - I'm sure you had a lovely day!It sure feels like Christmas with the temperature dipping outside - with me just back from California over the Thanksgiving weekend - feeling a lot colder than usual:)Merry Christmas to you too dear!

    ReplyDelete