I love my followers! Join us, and I will follow back! Making new friends is so much fun!

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Old Fashioned Tea Cakes

Ingredients:
1 stick butter
1 egg
½ tsp. vanilla
1 C. sugar (minus 2 TBS)
¼ C whole milk
Self-rising flour

Instructions:
Cream together butter and sugar; add egg, milk and vanilla, mix. Add self-rising flour to make dough like biscuits. Knead and make rolls of dough.; wrap and let stand in refrigerator about a hour. When cold, slice, and place on cookie sheet. Cook at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
My grandmother used to make these tea cakes for afternoon treats. This is a very old recipe. I did not have my grandmothers recipe, but my cousin shared this one that our family has used for generations. The exact flour measurement is not given, because these ladies made the tea cake by "feel".

No comments:

Post a Comment