I love my followers! Join us, and I will follow back! Making new friends is so much fun!

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Greek Chicken

I posted this a while back, but since I am making this for dinner tomorrow, and it is so good, I thought I would share it again.  I serve this with a Greek salad and crispy bread. Opa!
Seasonal Sundays
Mix it up Monday

Ingredients:
8 pieces chicken
1/2 C olive oil
Sea salt and freshly gound pepper to taste
1 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp dried basil, rosemary, marjoram, oregano
2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
6 potatoes, peeled and quartered
Juice of 2 lemons

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350*. Clean and trim chicken and pat dry. Mix spices, garlic,lemon juice and olive oil. Coat chicken well with mixture.
Place chicken on a rack in roasting pan. Season potatoes with salt and pepper and spread evenly around pan. Pour remaining marinade over chicken and potatoes. Add 1 cup of water to pan. Roast uncovered for 1 1/2 - 2 hours or until done. Baste the chicken every 15 minutes. If you want crispy skin, don't baste for the last hour.
I serve this with a Greek salad and crispy bread. Opa!

6 comments:

  1. This looks and sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is one of my husband's favorites.
      Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Thank you, Kitty. It is very tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so yummy! I am stumbling this post and I can't wait to try it. I am a new follower visiting from the Tablescaper. Vicky from Mess For Less

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vickie...thank you so much for stopping by. Please come back to visit again! Patsy

      Delete